How to – Complete guide for PAN CARD
How to – Complete guide for PAN CARD
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a laminated card, by the Income Tax Department, to any person who applies for it or to whom the department allots number without an application
Structure of PAN CARD
PAN CARD structure is as follow : AFZPK7190K First 5 characters are letters, then 4 characters are numbers and last character letter. Total 10 DIGIT number
First Three character i.e. “AFZ” in the above PAN are alphabetic series running from AAA to ZZZ
The Fourth character of the PAN i.e. “P” in the above PAN represents the status of PAN holder. “P” stands for Individual
Type of assesse:
- C — Company
- P — Person (Individual)
- H — HUF(Hindu Undivided Family)
- F — Firm
- A — Association of Persons (AOP)
- T — AOP (Trust)
- B — Body of Individuals (BOI)
- L — Local Authority
- J — Artificial Juridical Person
- G — Government
The Fifth character of the PAN i.e. “K” in the above PAN represents the first character of the PAN holder’s last name/surname.
Next Four character (6 to 9) “7190“ in the above PAN sequential number running from 0001 to 9999. Last character i.e. “K” in the above PAN is alphabetic check number.
Is it necessary to have a PAN?
It is mandatory to quote PAN on return of income, all correspondence with any income tax authority and challans for any payments due to Income Tax Department.
It is also compulsory to quote PAN in all documents pertaining to economic or financial transactions notified from time-to-time by the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
Some such transactions are sale and purchase of immovable property or motor vehicle or payments to hotels for bills or payments in cash in connections with travel to any foreign country of amounts exceeding Rs 25,000.
If you receive any income which is subject to tax deducted at source (TDS), tax will be deducted at 20% (instead of the normal rate of 1% or 10%) if you do not have a PAN.
Likewise, PAN has to be mentioned for making a time deposit exceeding Rs. 50,000 with a bank or post office or depositing cash of Rs 50,000 in a bank.
It is statutory responsibility of a person receiving document relating to economic or financial transactions notified by the CBDT to ensure that PAN has been duly quoted in the document.
All existing assesses or taxpayers or persons who are required to furnish a return of income, even on behalf of others, must obtain PAN. Some such persons are Individuals, Companies, Partnership Firms, HUFs, Trusts or Representative assesses.
Type of Pan Application
There are two types of applications:
1) Application for allotment of PAN (Form 49 A)
This application should be used when the applicant has never applied for a PAN or does not have PAN allotted to him.
2) Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data
This application should be used when PAN has been allotted already to applicant but a new PAN card is required or when data associated with the PAN (e.g. name of applicant / date of birth / address) is required to be updated in the records of Income Tax Department.
- 2 recent color passport size photo.
- Identity Proof : School Leaving Certificate, Ration Card, Passport, Driving Lic., Bank Account statement/Passbook, DP Account statement, Degree of Recognize institution etc.
- Address Proof : Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, Voter ID , Driving License, Property Tax Assessment order, Rent receipt
- Form fill in BLOCK (CAPITAL) LETTER and Black INK only.
- Each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (Alphabet/number/ punctuation sign) leaving blank space after each word.
- Individual applicants should affix two recent color photograph in the space provide on the form. The photograph should not staple or clip. Use clean photograph . The clarity of image depend upon quality of photograph affix on the form.
- Signature should be provide across the photo affixed on the left side of the photo.
- Signature should be within the box provided on the right side of form. Don’t across sign on the right side photo.
- AO Code (Area code, AO Type, Range code and AO Number) must be filled up by the applicant. (Search here your AO Code)
- Write the complete postal address in the application with landmark
- Do mention telephone number / e- mail id in the application.
- Do mention correct pin code in the address field.
- Do not overwrite or make corrections in the application.
- Do not mention Husband’s name in the Father’s Name column.
- Do not write any additional details (date, designation, rank, etc.) along with the signature in the box.
- You can find out more details on your application form.
You can check the status of your application for new PAN/ Correction in PAN details using 15 digit Acknowledgement number given at the time of Application
Check PAN Card Status with you Date of Birth & Sirname
Complete guide for PAN CARDhttp://www.puneinvest.com/pan-card-how-to-make/How Tocorrection of pan,pan card,pune pan card How to - Complete guide for PAN CARD Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number, issued in the form of a laminated card, by the Income Tax Department, to any person who applies for it or to whom the department allots number without an application Structure of PAN CARD PAN...RajendraRAJENDRA TODKARadmin@puneinvest.comAdministratorPuneInvest